Salesperson / Estimator – Residential Construction
Abacus Builders & General Contractors is a rapidly expanding construction company based in Boston. In the last few years, we have not only continued to grow our reputation for excellence but also evolved into a desirable company to be a part of due to our high standards of work.
We are looking to fill the key position of Residential Estimator and Salesperson. The company still does Commercial Estimating but in recent years we have migrated to almost exclusively residential projects as Abacus also buys and develops our own projects as ground-up new construction.
If you are a “go-getter” with drive, ambition, great communication skills, and experience then this is the position for you. The company owner is looking for someone with a
hands-on approach that can hit the ground running and take the bull by the horns. This added responsibility will reflect in your compensation, we are offering very competitive pay for the right man/woman for the job.
What we do and what you can expect-We do everything from full gut remodels to ground up, new construction of multi-unit buildings. We are very busy and fast-paced. We typically have between 15-20 projects going on at any given time and our long-term scheduled calendar is always full. A typical day is dealing with new customers to prepare their estimates, calling our subs to get the best price for competitive bids, doing site visits and presenting bids in a timely and professional manner. Our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Your responsibilities will include:
• Communicating directly with clients on challenging projects and providing recommendations in the best interest of the client.
• Responsible for making routine sales calls to project managers, engineers, or other professional and technical professionals to foster business development.
• Maintaining a full and current understanding of project drawings and plans.
• Obtaining the best subcontractors, preparing and presenting bids, and driving the pace of the project.
• plan swift or comparable a plus.
• Developing and executing preconstruction milestones on the project schedule among the team.
• Ensuring that your knowledge of the project and its requirements are effectively communicated to subcontractors and included in the scope of their quote, furthermore relaying in detail to the project manager.
• Collaborating with the Project Management Team and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subs for the job.
• Making sure schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects that project strategy for completion.
• Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to customer service across the board (including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.)
• Construction Estimating: 5 years
• Construction Sales Experience is a major +
• Must be able to pass a background check and random drug test
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Clean Driver’s License
• CSL license is a major +
• Verifiable references
• Excellent computer skills
What we will do for you – Give you free reign to implement your own style of Estimating without being micromanaged. Allow you to broaden the company’s horizons with projects outside our usual realm of business. Offer you competitive pay with opportunities to earn commissions as well as 401k and bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year per experience
IRA with 3% match
Company Phone and Tablet
Access to company Uber Account
To apply call Mark @ 617-922-9971 or Email email@example.com